Five observations about yesterday's game:
1. There is no better clutch hitter in the game than Garret Joseph Anderson.
2. Figgins' defense is greatly improved, and it saved yesterday's game for the Angels.
3. Kenny Rogers looked a bit like a pussy, sitting there watching the game, apparently comfortable, not so much as a band-aid on his injured NON-THROWING hand. Look for Rogers to be dealt by the trade deadline.
4. Kennedy, defensively, is every bit as good, if not better, than Bret Boone. It's finally time for AK to take home a Gold Glove.
5. This torrid stretch has lulled the Angels into believing that the acquisition of a DH is not necessary. Don't look for the Angels to make any moves by the trade deadline.